Friday, October 18, 2013

Tour the Town Art Walk Show

Good morning!  It's been another busy week here, I can't believe October is more than half gone.  I was in Washington, D.C. last weekend for my cousin's wedding, and have hit the ground running since getting home on Monday night.

The wedding was tons of fun, and I always love seeing my family.  I got to see a Hindu wedding ceremony too!  The priest was great, he took time to explain the different customs to everyone.  I didn't realize too that there's a lot of variation in how a wedding happens depending on what part of India the families come from.  So there were a couple times during the ceremony that everything came to a halt for a conference on how to proceed.

It was great to meet so many wonderful people, and also spend some time with my family.  It never feels like long enough!  I did have an afternoon to do some sightseeing, although I didn't get to visit any museums because of the shut down.  Fortunately, I've been there several times before so I've seen them all!  It was eerie to see so few people down town.  Almost like a zombie movie, where everything is deserted.



Anyways, I'm back home with my husband and cat.  It's getting colder here in Wisconsin, so that means the cat wants to snuggle to keep warm!  I'm glad I have my just-finished knit cowl to keep me toasty when I go outside.  I know it's going to get much colder, but I'm not ready for it yet!


Lance and I are getting packed up for our show tonight.  We'll be at Tour the Town in Fond Du Lac.  Mom and Lizzie are on their way to Detroit for another wedding, but we'll have their masks with us!  This is a great chance to see our work in person and save on shipping costs!  Lance and I are excited to have a show in his hometown, and we'll even be at the business his father started and his sister still runs!  It's also birthday eve for Lance, so come wish him a happy birthday!

We only have one week left for contest entries!  If you haven't signed up yet to win these prizes, it just takes a minute and you can do that here.  Good luck!

I think that's all I wanted to cover for now.  Hope to see you tonight!

- Kym Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment