Friday, March 2, 2012

Etsy Feature of the Day #3 Dana Keena

Dana Keena on Etsy
 Greetings!
Today's feature is on a very talented wildlife/pet artist, Dana Keena. Dana uses rich and powerful colors to bring out the life in every subject she paints. Utilizing tricks that make the eye focus, wander, and stay interested, Dana keeps her paintings alive and vibrant. Her painting Swallows in Flight exemplifies this
Here's what she has to say about her work:

PHILOSOPHY: Creating a colorful optimistic world by capturing everyday beauty through stylized realism and positive subjects. I love painting the expressions and emotions of much-loved pets and other animals.
FACEBOOK: Dana.Keena.Pet.Portraits.
MEDIUM: I'm currently working in Acrylics on canvas or masonite; predominately using pure and bright color.
LIFE EXPERIENCE: While raised and educated in Oklahoma (originally from Wakita, made famous by the Twister movie) my husband and I relocated to beautiful Oregon and truly the area and people there. We are currently relocating to San Angelo TX, a warm, sunny and friendly place, to be near my aging parents. I am currently a graphic designer, and love that side of my creative life too.
EDUCATION: I am a graduate of University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond Oklahoma, earning an Associates in Fine Art, a Bachelors in Commercial Art and a Masters in Art Education. My primary focus in my educational path has been the pursuit of artistic self-expression through two and three dimensional art.

Although her shop is still small, it holds great potential. If you want a unique and wonderful painting of your beloved pet, order a commissioned painting today!

Be creative today!
~Squirrel Creek Creations
Follow us on Twitter @SquirrelsCreek
Our Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SquirrelCrkCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment