Friday, March 9, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Wreath #2

Preparing to make the Wreath
Wed. March, 7th 2012


Half-Way There
Today was super warm here in NorthEast Wisconsin! A balmy 55 degrees and 20+ mph winds! Now I know 55 may not seem like a lot to most people, but any day above freezing from November through April is celebrated in Wisconsin. It's always strange to me, how 55 degrees can feel frigid in the fall and balmy in the Spring. 
I (Momma Squirrel) came home from my day job, took care of the "pasture ornaments" (the horses), the cats and the dog, then did miscellaneous chores. Finally by 8pm I was ready to create another wreath. This is just a "for fun" wreath. It took about an hour and a half to create. I started by wrapping it with ribbon, then laying shamrock garland around it. Then I hot glued the decorations such as the pot-o-gold and shamrocks on. The final touch is an Irish saying hanging from the center. "May the best days of your past be the best days of your future." What a wonderful blessing! There's a little bell on the saying too, so if you put it on a door, it will jingle! 


~Be Creative today!
Squirrel Creek Creations
Follow us on Twitter @SquirrelsCreek
Our Etsy store: www.etsy.com/shop/squirrelcrkcreations
Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment